Monday, October 29, 2012

How can you prove that God exists?

 "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1

Today is Oct. 29, 2012. Around noon a friend of mine, Shannon Lee, visited my house. We had a talking fellowship, sharing thanks topics and prayer topics.

In so doing, Shannon asked me a question: "How can you prove that God exists?" Without waiting for my answer, he answered the question saying, "Missionary Isaac, last week we celebrated ten year wedding anniversary. If some doubt that God exists, just look at us because for us remaining married for ten years is a living proof that God exists." 

"Wow", I said.

Then he said, "I learned core values from UBF." "What do you mean by the core values?" I asked.

 He then showed me what he wrote down on his writing pad. Then he added, "Please pray for me that I put what I learned into practice, for unless you use it you lose it," It was a wake up call for me so in order not to lose, I jot down what he had on the pad:

- live by faith, not by calculation
- maintain blessings
- [willing to receive and give] training
- [watch out for] human thinking
- keep your hands busy
- fishing (meaning going out to invite students to study the Bible)
- 1:1
- [spiritual] struggle
- shepherd [feed] sheep
- lead and sheep will follow
- prepare environment
- [watch out for] easy going life
- look at Jesus, not problem
- self-supporting/tent-making ministry

Have a wonderful day

No comments: