Thursday, September 19, 2013

Home sweet home


John 14:23 NIV
[23] Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
22 ways christians think differently on life - home sweet home
On sep 21 2013 Dr peter chang of Germany is scheduled to see his youngest son getting married in Bonn Germany. The couple (yohannes chang and Maria choi) sent me an invitation letter. At first i was unwilling to attend. But his father personally invited me with words that are earnest and inviting. So far in ubf worldwide many second gens are getting married so i kept receiving invitation cards but it is the first time that i did get invited by a father! Dr peter's move then reminded me of Matthew 22 where the Heavenly Father sends out invitation to all for his son's wedding.
So i changed my mind and chose to attend.
The flight was strenuous. On sept 19 At 3:50 am david park came to my house and gave me a ride to lax. The airfare was the cheapest one with two stopovers - one at Miami another in berlin. In miami the connection was tight. Plus there was a long walk from terminal d to terminal f. I almost missed the connecting flight but thank god it was delayed for 20 minutes.
During the flight (air Berlin) night fell and i had a terrible nightmare. In a dream i was away from my hometown. Feeling terribly homesick i chose to go back home. I caught a train bound for home. Train was crowded, seat was hard and uncomfortable. Somehow i curled up at a corner, had some sleep and arrived at the hometown. The house is a small country hut but it was in ruins. No one (no mother no father no siblings) came out to greet, which I had already known. It was late at night. The area was poorly lit yet i managed to get into the room in the backside where i used to stay. Then II started to unpack. Then i was awakened: the realization hit me! I forgot the fact that this hometown house had already been foreclosed! Then i woke up and it was a dream! I don't know how long the dream lasted - maybe 40 some minutes? I relived the traumatic experience of 40 plus years ago losing my home during collage days. Since my eldest brother who was in charge of family finance at ok san went insolvent creditors came took everything and all family members were rendered homeless.
Now in a not so young body i am up in the air (perhaps the flight ab7211 crossing the pacific or Atlantic Ocean) heading for Germany away from home.
For Christians home is first a spiritual place then physical. So they say you can buy house with money but not home.
How do you get this home? In john 14 Jesus answers the question: [23] Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
Two parts: our part and the Father's part.  Our part consists of two components: love Jesus and obey his teaching. 

See what happened to king David when he lost sight of The Lord and became a peeping Tom one thing led to another and he got his home busted. Consider what The Lord said to him via Nathan on his family esp his wives! Read psalm 51 how much he had to cry out to be found at home with The Lord
God sent Jesus to this world to find the homeless back to be at home with Him.
In 1971 The Lord sent one of my law school classmates who invited me to bible studies in ubf where i met jesus as my lord and savior. Now the airplane landed at Berlin. In an hour i need to catch another flight going to cologne. There i need to find the way to Bonn ubf. If i go there perhaps before noon i can meet some friends in Bonn. I was told the German shepherd peter Schweitzer invited me and pastor mark vucekovich to stay at his 'home'.
Tomorrow a young couple will come to build a home. So my prayer goes for them to be united in Jesus the maker of home truly sweet home.
The airplane is now at the gate and i need to stop, get out and catch the connecting flight.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Flughafen Tegel,Berlin,Germany


No comments: