Saturday, October 15, 2016

Our help is in the name of the Lord

In reading Psalm 124 a question comes to mind: "What does it mean to say 'Our help is in the name of the Lord'"?
Today it rained hard and in the course of taking kids outdoors to the Peace Camp I got wet. By the time I came to bed at night the question came to mind for I said to myself, "Well, if the Lord is my help, can he give me a relief from my bodily discomfort?" Then as I lied down on the bed and prayed for the understanding of the word the answer came: the help is in the characteristics of the Lord, thus in adopting into one's life and living according to who he is and how he is living!

This is like a man who understands how tools like generator or solar system work to get the power using them.

All of sudden I also could understand why trouble like prowlers flood raging waters comes if it comes. 

According to the Scripture while on earth in his body the Lord Jesus never grew sick. Rather because he was so healthy even the sick who touched him by faith got healed. Why? It was because He loved God the Father wholeheartedly walking in steps with Him.

So I said to myself: don't be/live like prowlers, flood, or raging waters! Repent turn to Him and live in Him! Then healing became immediate. I felt well and could sleep well.

No comments: