Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving '17 (My Thanksgiving Prayer for You)

The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him. Judges 15:13


This morning when I opened my emails a friend of mine sent me an email saying he had sent a thanksgiving gift for me. It was truly sweet of  him! And then before breakfast I did a morning Bible reading which is the daily bread on the book of Judges 15.

Today's daily bread passage above reminds that the Lord has a special gift for his children: the Spirit of the Lord, which has seven faculties: the provision of the wisdom and understanding, of counsel and might, of love and power and sound mind, of wisdom and revelation.

Here is my thanksgiving prayer for you, that as you repent and turn to him (Jesus Christ, the Son of God), He forgives you and gives you the Gift, that is, the Spirit of God. Acts 2:38.

Happy Thanksgiving to you with:
The Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
The Spirit of counsel and of might, and
The Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord. Isaiah 11:2
The Spirit of love, power, and self-discipline (or sound mind) 2Timothy 1:7
The Spirit of wisdom and revelation in your knowledge of  him. Ephesians 1:17

The Lord gives his children  His Spirit so they could serve him as was said here:
He has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has send me to bind up the brokenhearted, proclaim freedom for the captives, and release from darkness for the prisoners. Isaiah 61:1; Luke 4:18

For further reading of the seven branches of the Spirit of the Lord:
Click here.

No comments: