Monday, August 25, 2014

As I have loved you so you must love one another - John 13:34b

In order to attend the LA UBF Summer Bible Conference I and Rebekah took the Amtrak. It was a 23 hours of train-ride from Redding to the Union Station Los Angeles.


This conference was one of the most beautiful conferences I have attended.

Personally Shepherd William's message touched my heart. In his message he said my first love with Jesus Christ should be the same 'now' as that  of the 'first love' when I first met Jesus. During the hour of singing songs of praise I shed many tears.

At the outset what Shepherd Robert Fishman said in his opening message also touched me. He said that this conference is a 'leaders conference' for the theme is high and noble. His message was heart-moving. I asked him for a copy so I could read it again.

Through the group Bible study the Lord also blessed me with words from 1 John 4:7-8. "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." God is omnipotent. He is omnipresent. And God is love. For the first time in my life I realized that it is only natural for one to love as God (our Lord Jesus) has loved us, for God IS love.

My deepest thanks and praise to the Lord for the conference and for all who served the conference with prayer, music, messages, group Bible studies etc.



Speakers and Testimony Sharers

11 Group Leaders
 
Now that the conference is over, I and Rebekah needed to go back to Redding. So Monday morning we came out to the Union Station located at the down town LA. The train (Coast Starlight #14) is supposed to leave at 10:00 a.m. But due to the earthquake that broke out yesterday in Napa Valley area, the train is going to be delayed. Now we are waiting at the Amtrak Metropolitan Waiting Lounge. The Amtrak officer came out and said the train will soon leave, but he does not know exactly when. Thank God for the delay though, so while waiting at the lounge I could write down my reflection and share it online. 

No comments: