Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Total Fitness Program via RTS (Real Time Synchronization) - Introduction

The front cover of "Self" magazine, Feb. 2013 edition, says
* Tight abs
* Lean legs
*  Cute butt.
It also says,  "body confidence" - Own IT! The magazine has on the side of the cover a catch pharse - "Tap Into Your Best Self".
But self represents more of inner phenominon than outer. There are many who are physically fit. Among them are many of supermodels or movie stars. A while ago, during my visit to Kenya, I  met a freind of mine. He shared room with me. He also shared the story of his 'first love'.  This led me to watching a Korean TV drama "Winter Sonata".  The TV series came in 6 DVD's. I enjoyed the movie. Yet I was saddened by the news that Yong Ha Park (August 10, 1977 - June 30, 2010) one of my favorate actors in the drama committted suicide.  Why did he die at the prime of his life? Obviously his inner self was not well fit. Many are body confident but not many are self-confident. 
Question then becomes: "How can I be best fit inside out?" "How can I tap into my best self?"
If you have been following up on my blog postings at http://isaachkim.blogspot.com, already you might have guessed the answer to the question: Read the Bible, for the Scripture has all the answers to all the questions on life.
From this week on, I would like you to join a total fitness program (TFP) based on not all the 66 books of the Bible but on John's gospel. The TFP is called 'total' fitness, for we are called to be fit in the totality of one's person - in one's internal and external person. 
Note that to be fit is one thing, to stay fit is another. How can one stay fit all the time? RTS addresses th question. RTS stands for real time synchronization. Real time refers to the time called 'now'. Synchronization is to be in sync with Jesus Christ, the one who makes one to be fit and helps  him to stay fit.
First let us check into a spiritual gym as the Apostle John opened up. Let us go to John and read 1:1-18.
Here John introduces Jesus the Son of God as the Divine Fitter - the only one who can make one to be fit and stay fit. Among other features notice:
- Jesus the author of life I-4)
- Jesus the giver of the new life (12)
- the means by which he lets you to stay (grace and truth)
That is it for introduction.
Next TFP Exercise 1 will be based on the next following passage.
Have a nice day.

No comments: