Monday, December 26, 2016
- Our - I live by praying for and looking to the interests/wellbeing of us all, fellow human beings
- Heavenly - man is created to operate on the dimension of the Spirit (of God), then of the body and mind
- Father - Father is the originator, from whom life springs
- Hallowed be - the primary meaning of 'hallowed' is being independant of and therefore fully self-sufficient in terms of source of life
- Your name - name refers to the integrity associated with the characteristics of one's being, such as his power, love, holiness, mercy, righteousness
- Your kingdom - kingdom has to do with the domain where God the Father is the boss
- Come - this is interface
- Your will - will is the faculty by which one decides on and initiates action
- Be done - interface
- Here on earth (as it is in heaven) - the earth which has four seasons in different continents and oceans with all the creatures such as trees, insects, animals
- Give (us) - interface
- Today - time called now (yesterday, today, and tomorrow)
- (Our daily) Bread - materials such as food
- Forgive (us) - relationship noting people thrive in peace
- Our sins - sin is what breaks the rules in which the creation thrives
- As we have forgiven our debtors - what man does and does not makes a difference
- Lead us not - prayer with a trembling heart
- Into temptation - the full meaning and its significance can be understood when we think about what Jesus had to go through right after he was baptized by John the Baptist
- But deliver us - In the book of Exodus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy where the Israelites went through Exodus from the bondage to slavery and yet had to wander close to 40 years in the desert area, one can fully understand the signicance of the prayer topic
- From evil - Evil is live written backward, and the Devil knows this that the serpent tempted Eve to do what is evil.
Sunday, November 27, 2016
The turmoil of the nations such as Choi gate of Korea, Nuclear threats of NK, ISIS terrorism, and now such fire in Israel as in this picture,
who can control them and give peace to the nations?
Praise Jesus who is the hope of the ends of the earth, who calms down the turmoil of the nations, who forgives all our sins and who gives peace with God and peace with men (Ps 65:5,7, 2). May this good news of Jesus be proclaimed through the World wide Christmas worship services and messages! Glory to God, Peace to men!!
- While the nations rise and wane, the kingdom of God extends day by day till our Lord's second coming without hindrance!
-Praise and thank God that the Lord God has sent 45 new missionaries from our UBF thus far this year.
M. Paul Jang went to Slovakia in 2007 and learned Slovak by faith. Then Korean Embassy was opened newly. He was hired because he was the one who spoke Slovak when the Embassy required it among Koreans there. M. Esther joined next year. S. Lukas was not a Christian when he went there in 2007 but just to open a business. He met M. Esther who was a regular customer of his shop and became a Christian in 2013 through Bible study with M. Paul. M. Grace Choi was a missionary to Egypt, as a Korean language teacher. When she finished her teaching, by God's leading she came to Slovakia in 2014 and established a HC with S. Lukas in 2015. When I went to their SWS, there was Olena from Kiev too.
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Thursday, October 20, 2016
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
In reading today's daily bread Bible passage a number of questions came to mind:
- What does it mean for "the Lord" to build the house?
- What about the house (or rather shed at the Peace Camp) I am building? Is it going to turn out to be useless?
- Why "the" house? In the first place what does "the house" mean?
As I prayed further, the following occurred to me:
* The house refers to "the spiritual house" which the Apostle Peter referred to in 1 Peter 2:5.
* It is only the house (your person) which the Lord (Jesus Christ) builds. All the rest (people) no matter how much they try to improve will all be discarded like the fish which a fisherman throws out of the net at the end of the day.
* The Lord himself has been building the house from the Day 1 of man falling, by calling each person to repent, and be saved through faith in Him.
* Referring to the work product of this Lord, the Apostle Paul says, "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old is gone, the new is come!"
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Saturday, October 1, 2016
"However, I consider my wife worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord has given me - the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace."
Friday, September 30, 2016
On Sunday (Sep. 24) following the Wedding of Jennifer and Juan at Queen Mary, missionary John Kwon took me to a sunday worship service at El Camino UBF.
The worship began at 4:00 pm.
The Bible center was jam packed with students.
Before the worship service Msn. Grace led the congregation to practice one of the upcoming Christmas songs, "Christmas Peace Cannon".
Msn. John Baik served on Mark 13.
Their prayer topics: * Reach out to 50 college campuses *Upcoming Year End/New Year Discipleship Conference at one of the nearby conference site in the Big Bear Mountain area.
After the worship we had an eating fellowship at Wonjo Seafood Restaurant in Norwalk.
News: Msn. John Baek's son Johnny is now attending a college at Pomona. He is a video editor (a guru level). For his skill, you may wish to check Johnny's channel as seen in John Baek's email tome quoted below:
Hi missionary Isaac. Johnna has two youtube channels. The first channel name is "200poundsofbeauty" - in this channel are "transformers war for cybertron," which has 17 million views, and "transformers fall of cybertron," which has 11 million views. Here is the link:
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Sunday, September 25, 2016
Saturday, September 24, 2016
Today (9/23/16) the Lord established a house church between JENNIFER and Juan Perez at the Queen Mary Hotel Outdoor Wedding Salon.
Missionary John Kwon officiated and served a wedding sermon based on Matthew 22:37. "Jesus replied, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'"
The couple chose it as their marriage key verse.
Sunday, September 18, 2016
Bible Ethiopia, World Campus Mission (Dr. Sam/Mary Yoon of Addis Abbaba and Dr. Samuel Yoo of Zima of Ethiopia)
|At the missionary philip's house before going out to Ehiopia|
|at the apt. where Dr.Sam and Mary Yoon stay in AddisAbbaba|
In reading Numbers 11 today's daily bread (dtd 9/18/16) I was reminded of why Jesus said what he said, that is,
- I am the Bread of Life
- I am real food/drink (whoever drinks of me will never go thirsty)
- Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God
The Israelites (some of them) who came out of Egypt and journeyed to the Promised Land had a second thought, so as they craved 'other' food (than 'manna') they ended up going down to the grave. So they were buried in a desert land, so they called the place "Kibroth Hattaavah".
The episode involving Kibroth Hattaavah took place about 14 centuries before Christ. An article the Record Searchlight carried on this morning's edition, entitled "drugmakers fight state opioid limits amid crisis" (see below a feature photo and note in pink) testifies that people in the 21st Century still repeat the same: they crave "other" food only to be buried in the Kibroth Httaavah.
(This undated photo provided by Jennifer Weiss-Burke on Sept. 12, 2016 shows her and her son, Cameron Weiss. Weiss-Burke said his descent into drug addiction started with an opioid prescription a doctor wrote for him for a wrestling injury. After his death from a heroin overdose in 2011, Weiss-Burke pushed for a bill limiting initial prescriptions of opioid painkillers for acute pain to seven days. The bill exempted people with chronic pain, but opponents still fought back, with lobbyists for the pharmaceutical industry quietly mobilizing in increased numbers to quash the measure. (Courtesy Jennifer Weiss-Burke via AP)
For full article click "Pain-killers".
Not all drugs are bad: at the desktop where I am writing this blog has plastic bottles like: ABC Plus Multi, Sundown Naturals High Potency Vitamin C 1000 MG, Finest Joint Health Glucosamine MSM, Puritan Pride Senior Eye Vision 200 Rapid Release Capsules, Absorbable Calcium 1200mg Plus...
But the point remains the same: man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
The expression "every word" sounds overwhelming for there are 66 books of the Bible - 39 old, 27 new. But God made it handy by putting all of them into one bottle called "Jesus"(which I like to call "the Living Bread Multi Vitamine Package"). Still one of the best feature of this "food" (real drink, real food) is that it is all 'for free'. You do not need doctors' prescription. You do not need Medical or Medicare. All you need is your courage (or 'faith' if you will) to go for it.
[Song to sing for today - He Lives In My Heart] - video
Lyric: (In singing a song/hymn, it is important to sing thinking about the meaning of the song/lyric, as Martin Luther always warned his congregation that one should not be enticed by the melody alone but the mediating, being conscious of the message of hymnal.)
I know that He is living, whatever men may say
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer
And just the time I need Him He's always near
He walks with me and talks with me
Along life's narrow way
He lives (He lives), He lives (He lives), Salvation to impart
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart
And though my heart grows weary I never will despair
I know that He is leading, through all the stormy blast
The day of His appearing will come at last
He walks with me and talks with me
Along life's narrow way
Sunday, August 14, 2016
From: Tafika Nathan Rasoarison <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 5:17 PM
Ataiena is doing fine.
Thank you for your prayers and for your love for our family.
This is a picture of her.
Monday, August 1, 2016
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
23 “‘The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you reside in my land as foreigners and strangers.
In commanding the Israelites on the Year of Sabbath and the Year of Jubilee the Lord said at the end of the instruction "...because the land is mine."
The land does not belong to them but the Lord so they were to treat it with due respect.
On the day this daily bread was on I was building an outdoor shade (a patio with grape vine on it). So I thought "This place is not yours. You must build it with grace."
Then it occurred to me that I should treat humans (myself included) with due respect for it is not just land or animals but also men that belong to the Lord.
So they ought to treat the land with due respect such as by not selling it permanently or by giving it a break once in a while (sort of paid vacation).
If this is the case with the land (mere mass of dirt) with how much more respect and honor should I treat humans such as your life and my life?
# Abuse means: (see a link below)
- as verb
use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.
"the judge abused his power by imposing the fines"
synonyms:misuse, misapply, misemploy;
treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.
"riders who abuse their horses should be prosecuted"
synonyms:mistreat, maltreat, ill-treat, treat badly;
- as noun
the improper use of something.
synonyms:misuse, misapplication, misemployment;
cruel and violent treatment of a person or animal.
"a black eye and other signs of physical abuse"
synonyms:mistreatment, maltreatment, ill-treatment