Thursday, May 31, 2012

Are only a few going to be saved?

Jesus said we need to make every effort to enter through the narrow door (or gate) in response to a man asking whether or not only a few are going to be saved.
This indicates that the idea of going through the narrow gate has to do with the way of salvation.

So how many (or who) are going to be saved? According to Luke 13:24 it all depends, for we are called to make every effort to enter through the narrow gate.

Note that the gate is Jesus Christ himself. He is dubbed as the 'narrow' gate. Why? For one thing, he is the only way of salvation. For another his teachings are narrow, because he taught for example, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me."

I think the good news is that for those who enter through the narrow door (via self denial etc.), He honors their efforts that inasmuch as they put trust in Him for His power of salvation, He does all we need for salvation just as the Apostle Paul said, "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation! The old has gone, the new has come!" That is right. As we are made new, we are called to put off the old self and put on the new self which is created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness (Eph 4:24), which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator (Col 3:10)!
Sun Deck
Today in order to make a sun deck to welcome my fifth grand-daughtger to come [July 2 :-)] I needed a cross bar for fencing.
The only wood (with the right length) I had was a cedar branch I saved for over a year. But it turned out that this cedar is full of termite infestation.
Termite Infested Cedar
At first I thought I should throw it away. But I remembered, "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation!"

"Hmm. This cedar branch is as much termite infested as I am infested by all sorts of sin problems." So I gave the cedar a termite treatment. Tomorrow I am going to paint it, so it would be as good as a new cedar branch!

So don't give up on you. Why? Jesus came to save even you!

Termite Treated Cedar! (Oh, Yea! That is for sure)

No comments: