Sunday, August 26, 2012

1 minute Bible study on entering His rest




[In the pic - John, Eunhye 15, Jihye 13, Grace; Eunhye and Jihye speak 5 languages - Portuguese, French, English, Spanish, Korean]

In the evening of Aug. 25 (Sat), Missionary John Huh gave me a ride to and from the "End of the Earth" [located at the western-most end of the land of Portugal]. There we saw the sunset, let the stress blown away to the Atlantic Ocean, and on the way had a 7 min bible study on entering God's rest. It proceeded this way.

Q: What is (are) difference between "the end of the matter" (NIV - 84 Daniel 7:28) and "the conclusion of the matter" (Ecc 12:13)?

A: The former has to do with time, the latter meaning. [I asked James Woods of UK the same question in Lagos, and he answered correctly.]

Q: What do they have in common?

A: Enter "my" [His] rest.

P.S.: In portuguese, 'matter' can also mean 'travalue' (I am not sure whether my pronunciation is correct), which in Portuguese means 'work' (or labor).

This reminded me of the first Spanish words I learned while working at the Taco Bell located at the Westwood, UCLA, for my assistant manager kept saying, "Much travaho, pokito ninero" [much work, little pay].

Remember: there will come a time and has already come, for you to walk through the door, passing the restless domain to the restful domain, just as Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: