Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bible Mozambique and World Campus Mission (II)




On August 19, 2012, during morning hours, Shepherd Theophilus (Pretoria, RSA) served a main lecture on Acts 1:1-8, YOU WILL BE MY WITNESSES. In his message he shared the prayer topic to go and pioneer Mozambique, stating in part,

" I was once a lonely and thirsty man living in darkness. I lived under the kingdom of lustful desires. Lustful desires controlled my life. I spent my life trying to satisfy my lustful desires with girls. When I repented of my sinful life, Jesus forgave all my sins and gave me the kingdom of God. When the kingdom of God came into my life, I could find the peace and joy in serving God and his salvation work in South Africa. The kingdom of God controls my life now. I am no longer lonely and thirsty because Jesus had given me the kingdom of God.

I pray that we all have resurrection faith and experience the kingdom of God by believing that Jesus is Christ. I also pray that we may also teach the resurrection faith and the kingdom of God diligently as Jesus did.

......

In 2007 Inter-Africa Bible Conference in Kenya, I saw the vision of God to send out bible teachers to other countries. This vision of God kept on ringing in my head and deep down in my heart. Many times I tried to ignore this calling. Sh James Lee challenged us Pretoria UBF every Sunday after worship service to recite the saying “Bible Africa” We blindly obeyed his request and did it every Sunday without any hope. Last year in August 2012, Sh Stephens, Sh Abia, Sh James and myself visited Mozambique. We visited Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique to go fishing and we met few students. We had bible study with them and shared the word of God with them and gave them bibles. The students speak Portuguese as the official language and few of them can only speak English. Even out of this language barrier, one brother Cremildo received the word of God. His response to our invitation is amazing. He answers his phone everytime I call him. He attended two of our conferences and discipleship training. Brother Cremildo has since become our beacon of hope to evangelise Mozambique. Personally I immediately began to have desire to serve brother Cremildo with the word of God. Through constant communication with him, I realised that God has opened the door to preach the gospel in Mozambique. Brother Cremildo is a fruit of our long and hopeful prayer. Since then, my heart has been burning to preach the gospel to Mozambique students. I realised that God is calling me to preach gospel to other Africans brothers. Through helping Brother Cremildo, I realised that God has opened a way for me to enter Mozambique with the gospel of Jesus. God wants me to be a missionary and bible teacher to Mozambique. I do not speak Portuguese or know anyone else in Mozambique except Brother Cremildo. But I believe that the Risen Christ has already opened a way for me. The Risen Christ has promised to send the Holy Spirit to me. I have to quit my current job and look up to Jesus to open the way for me in Maputo. Maputo is not as convenient as Pretoria but the Risen Christ will provide for me and my family to teach bible to Portuguese speaking students. Previously I used to a useless sexual sinner but Jesus has called me to be a witness to many students in Mozambique. This mission command is not forced to me, but it is a blessing to a sinner like me. This calling is not from man but it is from God. It is pleases God. I pray that in less than a year, I may leave South Africa and be a witness of the Risen Christ in Mozambique. I pray that God may bless many Portuguese speaking students with the Kingdom of God through my service in Mozambique. I pray that I may meet the ruler of the world – The Risen Christ so that many Mozambican students may be free from their chain of poverty and fatalism. I pray that many Mozambican students may live for Jesus, the Risen Almighty God.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: