Thursday, April 2, 2020

Do not panhandle

Around 6 pm of april 2, 2020 as I was coming out of the grocery shopping at Winco I ended up getting myself locked out of my toyota rav4.

I piled up grocery items at a cardboad box not knowing I had put my car key at the box. Then I placed the box at the back seat closed the door and then in a sec "beep"! The car autolocked. And my cell phone was inside! 

I went inside the Winco store, asked for assistance wherepon the lady attending the self checkout lane told me to go to the customer service desk and use the phone to call a roadside service.  Luckily I had in my pocket the wallet with the tripple A card! I made a roadside sercice call. The lady on the phone asked first whether or not my car was in a safe area. I said yea and then she asked me about 7 questions on corona virus asking questions like: do you have flu like symptoms like fever? Have you travelled more than 100 miles by bus or train? Etc. And so forth. To all of them I said no. 

Then she took my membership no. and worked on dispatching sercice. (OH she did not forget to tell me that due to covid 19 I was NOT Allowed to sit in the tow truck driver's car seat.) 

In the meantime since it was pretty chilly at the Winco parking lot and because still the sun did not set (while waiting for the truck to arrive) I walked up to the entrance of the store leaned against the brick wall next to the exit door. The wall got heated up against the sun during the day so the wall retained warmth making my back feel good! Standing there with my hands stuck in the pockets of my pants I was looking around watching for the tow truck coming. 

Then a skinny guy wearing the Winco uniform (black apron) started pacing around me giving me a dirty look and then he took courage approached me up close and said to me: "You do not ask people for money do you? We do not allow panhandle here, okay? "

"OH, okay," I said and as I was walking away a tow truck was aproaching. 

No comments: