Monday, January 13, 2014

Bible South Africa World Campus Mission

On Jan 13, 2014 Monday we parted company, each going back home.

At first I planned to stay in Botswana three more days. But Missionary Daniel Rhee strongly urged me to visit Pretoria S Africa. (They bought a new Bible center.) Since I spent two days with Missionary Timothy and Deborah I changed mind and joined the group going back home via S. Africa by bus. 

After breakfast the bus left the conf site for S. Africa - a 4 hours of journey. In half an hour we crossed the border.

After 3 hours of drive we had lunch at Mc Donald. 

By 2:30 pm we arrived at the New Pretoria UBF Bible Center. 



After seeing off the Uganda team (Dr Joseph Chung family, Dr Samuel Yoo and Dr Like Lim) Missionary James Lee took us to a national park where along with Moses Yoon Peter Park Andrew Yoon and I had did a trail. At the top of the mountain, 2,348 m above the sea level, we had a bible study on Exodus 25:40, "The Lord commanded Moses, 'Make the tabernacle according to the pattern shown on the mountain.'" We thought about the question, "Why did the Lord give "this" command on the "mountain"(away from civilization)? (Read Isaiah 55:7-8 for an answer.)


On coming back from the park area to Pretoria Bible Center the next day as we saw off to the aitport Moses Yoon (to Korea) Peter Park (Nigeria) and Andrew Yoon (to Yabatech via Korea) I shared "the mystery of Christ" (Eph 2:15) prayed for them. 

Missionary Daniel Rhee and his wife Miso invited me to lunch at the Korean restaurant called Seoul Garden. After lunch he took me to the Sammy Marks Museum. Then he imvited me and James Lee to a dinner fellowship at his house.

January 16, 2014 Thursday 

Next morning at 8:45 am Missionary Josephine came to the guest house to pick me up. 

We visited the Melrose House to learn the history of S Africa during the Victorian age. Unlike the advertisement on the internet this museum remained in ruins so there was nothing to see. Josie explained that whites all left the area blacks moved in losing tourists. 

During the visit I had a good fellowship with Josie. (She is from Kyungbeemoon UBF. For 2 years she served the Lord in Riyadh as a nurse. Then she came back to Korea and married James Lee.)

She them dropped me off at the Hartfield
train station at 9:40 am. After prayer we parted company. I bought a ticket for the express train bound for the O.R.Tombo airport at Johannesburg.


No comments: