Sunday, June 11, 2017

Haven Came Down

* Daily Bread for today says in Proverbs 24 that a house is built by wisdom, established in his understanding, and gets filled with all that are rarely good and valuable. 

The Scripture is of God, for it is god-breathed, so primarily it has spiritual meanings. And the house here refers to the heavenly house which Jesus says is inside of his children. Luke 17:20-21. Remember that even if one lives in a nice mansion like one of the estate size Beverly Hills Mansion, would the resident be happy if his inner house remains broken like the Gerasene demoniac?

After all in order to build a physical house like two bed room apt. or a studio apt, you need money with which you hire an architect, then a contractor, etc. But for God's house it is this wisdom, understanding and knowledge that builds, maintains, and gets it filled up with rare and treasures such as joy and peace.

* In the reading of the generality of the Scriptures, it is seen that Jesus Christ who is the source of wisdom, instructions, understanding, and knowledge, is the builder, maintainer (or sustainer), and filler of the house. 

Proverbs 1:1-7; 9:10; Psalm 111:10

Agreeing with what the author and writer of the Hymn John W. Peterson says in the lyrics of the Hymn "Heaven Came Down": 

Lyrics



O what a wonderful, wonderful day - day I will never forget;
After I'd wandered in darkness away, Jesus my Savior I met.
O what a tender, compassionate friend - He met the need of my heart;
Shadows dispelling, With joy I am telling, He made all the darkness depart.

Chorus:
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul,
When at the cross the Saviour made me whole;
My sins were washed away -
And my night was turned to day -
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul!

Born of the Spirit with life from above into God's fam'ly divine,
Justified fully thru Calvary's love, O what a standing is mine!
And the transaction so quickly was made when as a sinner I came,
Took of the offer of grace He did proffer - He saved me, O praise His dear name!

Chorus:
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul,
When at the cross the Savior made me whole;
My sins were washed away -
And my night was turned to day -
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul!

Now I've a hope that will surely endure after the passing of time;
I have a future in heaven for sure, there in those mansions sublime.
And it's because of that wonderful day when at the cross I believed;
Riches eternal and blessings supernal from His precious hand I received.

Chorus:
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul,
When at the cross the Savior made me whole;
My sins were washed away -
And my night was turned to day -
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul!


Heaven came down and glory filled my soul!

* So by all means live by faith in the Lord, for even for this putting trust in the Lord that the King Solomon issued all the words of wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 22:19


No comments: