Thursday, September 6, 2012

One Way Ticket Home



A blind man exiting a train station

This August (2012) I was out of country for one month. The places I visited during the trip included several countries such as Uganda.

Mostly the journey was uneventful except a few wrinkles like (lost an electric shaver, a train ticket, getting off at a wrong train station etc.)

And I am yet to go back home for I write this blog while waiting for a train at a train station.

As I read the words of the day, I was reminded of how we can get lost in our pilgrimage to His kingdom - an eternal home.

Why do we get lost? How can we safely go back home?

Answer: hold onto the One Way Ticket to heaven: courage (or confidence) and hope! Courage to leave what is mundane behind for the hope that is in Jesus Christ!

But Christ is faithful as a son over God’s house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast. Hebrews 3:6 (NIV84)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: