Thursday, February 16, 2012

Master the Book of Revelation in One Minute !!!

One Minute Bible Study to master all the high mountains and deep, dark, and dreadful valleys of the Book of Revelation.

That is right! Just in one minute!



1 John 5:1-5 state that it is through our faith in the Lord that we can ‘overcome’.

At the outset of the Book the glorified Jesus says that to the one who overcomes he is going to give him the right to sit with him on His throne (3:21).

Towards the end of the book, Jesus says, “He who overcomes will inherit all this.” 21:7

  1. The first chapter of the book describes the vision of the One who overcame, that is, Jesus Christ in a glorified state.
  2. Chapters 2 and 3 describe the members of the church who are called to overcome by faith in Him.
  3. In Chapter 4 is seen the preview of the ones who overcame in worship.
  4. Chapters 5-20 are the casualties and gleanings
  5. Last two chapters (21,22) represent the outcome the ones who overcame are going to inherit.
"To be or not to be, that is the question" is the opening line of a soliloquy in William Shakespeare's play Hamlet. However according to the Apostle John, “to overcome or not to overcome, that is the question.” Similarly Paul says, “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:21

Thus the Spirit says to the church:
  1. “To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God (2:7b).
  2. “He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death. 2:11 (21:8)
  3.  To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. 2:17
  4.  To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations. 2:26
  5. He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. 3:5
  6. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. 3:12
  7. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. 3:21
What do you think?

P.S. For different views of ent times, click here. Send an email to attention: isaac h. kim, at 'hdk121@gmail.com' to find ways to avoid confusion on the end time theories.

2 comments:

rockingwithhawking said...

Thanks for your post. I think it's a good start!

In addition, there are excellent and godly evangelical Christian scholars who have published or will soon publish major commentaries on the book of Revelation including G.K. Beale, D.A. Carson, Jim Hamilton, Craig Keener, and Vern Poythress. Check out more recommendations for commentaries on Revelation here.

dan said...

in one second - to keep the faith