Monday, July 16, 2012

I want it all "RIGHT NOW!" Luke 19:9


Today is the day of salvation!



I picked up the art work (in the pic) at a yard sale in my neighborhood. It reads, "I want it all... and I want it delivered!" I would like to add "NOW".

Now we have, "I want it all... and I want it delivered, NOW!"

I have five beautiful grand daughters. And the script describes pretty much what they press me with most of the time. On further reflection I admit that this is what I demand the Lord to do for me...not from time to time but 'all' the time.

My walk with the Lord thus far (from 1972 - till now) indicates that the Lord loves it.

In fact knowing that this is what he has with me and inasmuch as he knows who I am, and all because of His love for me (even me), he says, "I already delivered it [all] to you even before you would be born, learn to open your mouth and ask me for this or that!", just as the Scriptjures say:


“Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalms 139:16

“He [Jacob] had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. There above it stood the LORD, and he said: "I am the LORD, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring. I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, "Surely the LORD is in this place, and I was not aware of it."” (Genesis 28)

 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.” (John 17:24)

 “He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.” (1Pe 1:20)[Cf. Col 3:4; 1Jo 1:2; 5:20; Ephesians 1-5]

 “Please accept the present that was brought to you, for God has been gracious to me and I have all I need." And because Jacob insisted, Esau accepted it.” (Genesis 33:11)

 “All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them.” (John 17:10)

 "'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours.” (Luke 15:31)

 “It is finished.” John 19:30

 “On that day you will realize that I am in the Father, and  you are in me, and I am in you.” John 14:20

No comments: