Saturday, December 21, 2013

Joy to the World, the Lord is born




John 1:14 NIV
[14] The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

This year I did not catch a cold. Last week I became a little bold did work outside knocking down with a chainsaw rotten tree trunks without wearing a mask thus breathing into lungs lots of unhealthy dust. That evening I started coughing immensely and felt a cold coming down on me. This evening the cold is still raging in my body. Although I put on winter cothes like thick jacket, still I felt chilly with all of my body aching, realizing how weak a man's body is!

I was reminded (most realistically so far for the last 65 years of life in the body) of the grace of the Lord born in a manger! 

Yes! The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us!

Now I am under the blanket with my body tugged in snuggly in the bed withdrawing some comfort from the coziness of the wrap. 

But right before I walked into the bedroom around 4 pm today I saw my Cat Morgan sleeping on my bed! When and how did she sneak in?! I always wanted to keep her inside but my wife says "No, no, no"! Once my wife finds this out Morgan is in big trouble! 

Then I thought about the grace of the Lord born in a manger! Why does Morgan want to sleep "inside"? The answer is obvious! Her body is made up of flesh! Although she has nice coat made of fur still she prefers inside rather than chilly outside. Yet our Lord Jesus was born in a manger! 

Then after offering himself as an atoning sacrifice he rose again giving hope of resurrected life for us the mortals!


No comments: