Tuesday, October 23, 2012

7 things you must check right now for a successful journey


Three weeks ago we had a staff conference in the east coast. In order to attend the conference I had to fly out of LAX to Baltimore. There I had to rent a car. For the journey then I made it sure that I carry all the items necessary for the travel like wallet (with driver tugged in), Iphone, Ipad, etc. But I missed one item: Iphone car charger! I arrived at the Baltimore at 10:30 p.m. (you know you lose three hours moving from the west coast to the east coast), rented a car, punched the address in the box (destination) on the GPS system (Waze on Iphone), and started driving. But alas! The battery is dying up. And it was raining outside. And I was stuck. 

In reading today's daily bread Bible passage (Hebrews 10:19-39) I was reminded of two things:

First, my journey here on earth in a physical body to His kingdom requires a lot more preparations than traveling from the west coast to the east coast. 

Second, prepare a checklist for the journey and check all the boxes before embarking on the journey each and every day. 

Question: what are you to check? What ought to be on the checklist? 

Answer: SEVEN items! 

No. 1 - a sincere heart (let us draw near with a sincere heart) (Heb 10:22a)
No. 2 - full assurance (22b)
No. 3 - a clear conscience (having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience) (22c)
No. 4 - bodies washed with pure water (meaning 'cutting off old life') (22d)
No. 5 - hope (let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess) (22e)
No. 6 - spur one another (let us consider how we may spur one another toward love and good deeds; check who is in the habit of giving up meeting together) (24)
No. 7 - see the Day approaching (25). 


No comments: